Protect Your Hair, All Summer Long
Tips from Regis Salons – The Hair Care Experts
Summer fun can really do a number on your hair. Aside from exposing hair to the damage of everyday styling like hair spray, gel, hair dryers, curling irons and more, you’re also exposing your hair to sun, heat, humidity, wind and chlorine.
The cut and color experts at Regis Salons know what your hair goes through and can help you take care of your hair in between the pool parties, picnics at the beach and everything else you do outdoors.
1. UV rays can dry out your hair and fade the color. This summer, switch to a shampoo and conditioner formulated to protect against UV rays, like designing Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Mind the part! When you’re applying your sunscreen, don’t forget your part! Or, better yet, wear a hat to protect your hair and scalp.
Dive In and Hydrate
1. Keep hair hydrated. The sun, saltwater and chlorine will suck the moisture out of even the healthiest hair. Drink lots of water, and use an intense conditioning treatment, like Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner, at least once a week.
2. Going poolside? Rinse and comb a conditioner, like Hydrating Balm, through your hair before jumping in. Your hair is like a sponge- there’s only so much water it can absorb! The wetter it is before going in the water, the less chlorine it will absorb.
3. Before you step out of the shower, rinse your hair in the coldest water you can stand. Cool water closes hair cuticles, seals in the conditioner and adds shine.
Long Hair Summer Care
Give your hair the quarter-inch makeover. Over the course of 4-6 weeks, the ends of your hair get weak, causing them to split and become frayed. Get a trim to remove the damaged ends so your hair will be stronger and more manageable.
1. Going for a sun-kissed glow? Skip the lemon juice! It will dry your hair out.
2. Chlorine can turn blonde highlights green. Avoid looking like a leprechaun by using a detoxifying product like Special Care Clarifying Shampoo. It gets rid of the chlorine and preserves that beautiful, golden glow.